1. Complete an Application form.
2. Be a minimum of 17 years of age. (Birth Certificate Required)
3. Be a High School Graduate, or have a GED, or have a two year Associates Degree or higher. (Documentation Required)
4. In April or May of the qualifying school year you must be a High School Senior who is eligible to graduate with a confirmation letter from a school guidance counselor. Upon graduation you must provide proof of the graduation.
5. Show evidence of successful completion of: One full year of High School Algebra (Algebra I) with a passing grade of (C) or better, or one Post High School Algebra Course with a passing grade of (C) or better, or provide evidence of having successfully completed the NJATC On-Line Tech-Math course.
6. Provide Official Transcripts for High School and Post High School Education and Training. All GED Records must also be submitted if applicable.
7. Submit a DD-214 to verify Military Training and experience if they are a Veteran.
8. Sit for the electrical industry’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
9. Obtain a qualifying score of 4 or higher using the electrical industry’s aptitude test developed and validated by the American Institutes for Research.
10. Possess a Valid Driver’s License.
11. Individuals who can verify (by providing undisputable documenting evidence) that they have worked a minimum of four (4000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade, do not need to meet the requirement of items (3), (5) and (9) above.
12. Individuals who can verify (by providing undisputable documentating evidence) that they have worked a minimum of two thousand (2000) hours specifically in the electrical construction trade , do not need to meet the requirements of items (3) and (5) above.
13. Honorably discharged military veterans who completed Military Occupational Specialty (MOS) applicable to the electrical construction industry (as determined by the JATC), and can document a minimum of two (2) years of military experience in that MOS, do not need to meet the requirements of items (3), (5) and (9) above. (Must apply within five (5) years of that MOS experience)
14. Prior to being registered, applicants selected from the pool of interviewed applicants must be 18 years of age and PASS A DRUG TEST. (Paid for by the JATC)
If you do not have the means to apply online, please call the PADJATC office to schedule an appointment.